Recipe by simplemom
This is definitely comfort food at its BEST! Make it with pork or chicken it's delicious either way. I've seen many variations to this recipe and this is what I came up with that I liked the best.
Top Review by ChelseaW
This turned out better than I expected. I was worried that the potatoes would get soggy but they were crispy and delicious in the sauce. I did feel like the pork got a little dry, but next time I'll cook it less before putting it in the oven, so it can finish there. This was good hearty comfort food and I can't wait for a cold night to make it again.
- 2 -3 cups cubed pork chops or 2 -3 cups chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 24 ounces shredded hash browns
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 cup French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and set aside.
- Combine: soup, milk and sour cream.
- Stir in potatos, half of cheese and half of french fried onions.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Arrange meat over mixture.
- Bake covered at 350° for 75 minutes.
- Then top with remaining cheese and onion
- Bake UNCOVERED an additional 5-7 minutes.