8 hrs 15 mins
This is a recipe that I found on a message board from a WW site I used to visit. The directions are written for a crock pot, but I've made this on top of the stove and also in my pressure cooker with a few adjustments to the process.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons oil (divided)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 ounces boneless center cut pork chops
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Combine tomatoes, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and wine in crock pot.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet and saute the onions, green pepper and garlic onions are golden.
- 3Transfer to slow cooker and mix well.
- 4In same skillet, add remaining oil and brown the pork on both sides.
- 5Place the pork on top of the tomato onion mixture.
- 6Cover and cook on low heat until pork is tender, around 8-10 hours.
- 7Transfer the pork to a platter and keep warm.
- 8Combine the water and cornstarch in a measuring cup.
- 9Stir cornstarch mixture into tomato onion mixture and cook on low stirring often until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- 10Serve over rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chop New Orleans
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 325.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 39.6 g