Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Spanish-style rice and pork chops bake together in this easy casserole recipe. From Recipe.com
Make and share this Pork Chop 'n' Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pork loin chops, bone in (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 158.51 ml long-grain white rice
- 236.59 ml water
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, jalapeno-flavored
- 2 medium sweet green peppers, halved, seeded and thinly sliced into strips
- 236.59 ml cheese, taco-blend shredded
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Season pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat.
- Coat 2-1/2-quart oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add rice, tomatoes, 1 cup water and remaining salt and pepper; stir to combine. Place pork chops on rice mixture; scatter green pepper over top. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes or until rice is tender and most liquid has been absorbed. Remove foil from dish; sprinkle cheese over top. Bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.