Recipe by Gagoo
Spanish-style rice and pork chops bake together in this easy casserole recipe. From Recipe.com
- 4 pork loin chops, bone in (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, jalapeno-flavored
- 2 medium sweet green peppers, halved, seeded and thinly sliced into strips
- 1 cup cheese, taco-blend shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Season pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove skillet from heat.
- Coat 2-1/2-quart oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add rice, tomatoes, 1 cup water and remaining salt and pepper; stir to combine. Place pork chops on rice mixture; scatter green pepper over top. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes or until rice is tender and most liquid has been absorbed. Remove foil from dish; sprinkle cheese over top. Bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.