Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is very yummy.
- 6 pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions (rings)
- Brown chops in skillet and sprinkle with seasoned salt and set aside.
- Combine milk, soup, sour cream, pepper and salt.
- Stir in potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 can of onion rings and the dried onion flakes.
- Spoon mixture into 9x13 baking dish.
- Arrange pork chops cover potato mixture.
- Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheese and onions.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer.
I made this tonight. I didn't have a couple of things on hand. I used home grated boiled potato's, Penzeys Pork Chop Seasoning an place of the seasoned salt and I didn't have any of the canned onions so I just used a bit more of the dryed. It was still very good and hearty. It filled up my two guys (I made a cut down amount as we are only 3). Very easy, fast and tasty and it accepts substitutes well. It's the kind of taste that kids will like and ask for seconds on. Thanks for this one.
This is a very good recipe. The only real change I will make next time is to use a Pepper Jack cheese maybe. It just needed a little kick and I think maybe to use a pepper cheese and a little more than a cup of cheese will make the difference for us. As I said, made as is, it is still a really good recipe.