1/1 Photo of Pork Chop Easy, Tasty Dinner in One Pan
I found this about 40 years ago in the newspaper - lovely unexpected flavors! Since I have not seen anything like it I decided to contribute. I strongly suggest you try it as written, I have never needed to tweak it. I know, ketchup! But it works! (Now Heinz has come out with one without High Fructose corn syrup). I use an electric frypan. The chops are always tender, moist and tasty. Everybody I have served it to asks for the recipe. Give it a try, Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork loin chops with bone, preferred. size really doesn't matter. mine are about 3/4 in. thick
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Mix the wine, ketchup, lemon juice, garlic,s +p, and water together.
- 2Sprinkle the chops w/garlic salt and brown in 1 Tblsp butter or oil on medium heat for 3 minutes a side.
- 3Add all the cut veggies to the pan and pour the sauce over all (I like to get the veggies in the liquid).
- 4Cover and simmer over med low heat for 45 minute or until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Meal in a pan!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chop Easy, Tasty Dinner in One Pan
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.0
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 419.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper