I found this about 40 years ago in the newspaper - lovely unexpected flavors! Since I have not seen anything like it I decided to contribute. I strongly suggest you try it as written, I have never needed to tweak it. I know, ketchup! But it works! (Now Heinz has come out with one without High Fructose corn syrup). I use an electric frypan. The chops are always tender, moist and tasty. Everybody I have served it to asks for the recipe. Give it a try, Enjoy!
- 4 pork loin chops with bone, preferred. size really doesn't matter. mine are about 3/4 in. thick
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix the wine, ketchup, lemon juice, garlic,s +p, and water together.
- Sprinkle the chops w/garlic salt and brown in 1 Tblsp butter or oil on medium heat for 3 minutes a side.
- Add all the cut veggies to the pan and pour the sauce over all (I like to get the veggies in the liquid).
- Cover and simmer over med low heat for 45 minute or until the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Meal in a pan!