Recipe by gwynn
This is an oriental dish that is so delicious. Sometimes I cut up my pork chops into thin slices instead of using them whole. Hope you enjoy.
- 8 pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups chicken broth (approximately)
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen pea pods, thawed
- 3 green onions, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, blanched and cut in 1/2 inch squares
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chops in 2 tbsp of oil; add 2 cups chicken broth.
- Simmer, covered, 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chops from pan; keep warm.
- If necessary, add enough chicken broth to pan drippings to make 2 cups; set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in saucepan; stir in vegetables and garlic.
- Cook until until just hot.
- Combine reserved liquid, cornstarch, soy sauce and gravy sauce.
- Cook over low heat, stirring, until thick and clear.
- Stir into vegetable mixture.
- Spoon over chops.