Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
Top Review by mehungry
The entire family loved this meal especially my youngest son who wants me to make it for his birthday! Ugh! I can't imagine having to bake in August. For that the recipe gets 4 stars! Ok just kidding. It's not the recipes fault that I have to make it in August. Thanks a lot Food.com!!! LOL
- 1 (20 ounce) packageloose-pack frozen green beans, thawed
- 4 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork chops, browned
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sliced potatoes in boiling salted water for 5 minutes- Drain and set aside.
- Spread the thawed beans in the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Combine soups, salt and pepper and spread HALF of this mixture over the means.
- Arrange the cooked potatoes over this, and top with the rest of the soup mixture.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in oil; then arrange them on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Take dish from oven, remove the foil, sprinkle onions over the top, and return the pan, uncovered, to bake another 5 minutes.