Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites.
- 1 (20 ounce) packageloose-pack frozen green beans, thawed
- 4 cups sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork chops, browned
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Cook sliced potatoes in boiling salted water for 5 minutes- Drain and set aside.
- Spread the thawed beans in the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Combine soups, salt and pepper and spread HALF of this mixture over the means.
- Arrange the cooked potatoes over this, and top with the rest of the soup mixture.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in oil; then arrange them on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Take dish from oven, remove the foil, sprinkle onions over the top, and return the pan, uncovered, to bake another 5 minutes.
Easy dinner with a great taste. I only used two pork chops so I left out the cream of celery soup. I kept everything else the same but used canned green beans. The pork chops were tender and juicy and everything tasted great. Thanks for sharing such a tasty recipe, Bec.
This casserole was absolutely DELICIOUS!! My hubby kept telling me how wonderful this casserole was and that made me feel so good. I did change 2 things, #1 was that I used fresh green beans that I cut into the french style and steamed them until almost tender , #2 was I used Cream Of Mushroom Soup in place of the store brand mushroom soup. I fellowed the rest of the recipe as stated. It was a most excellent dinner all in one dish. This will go into my favorite Zaar recipe cookbook!! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! :)
this sounds good