Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is one of those one pot dinners. We love it for the simplicity of it. Its a good comfort food for us.
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 -6 potatoes, quartered
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- Saute pork chops in hot oil for 15 minutes in skillet, turning once; drain.
- Top chops with vegetables.
- Dissolve bouillion cube in boiling water; pour over vegtables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to serving platter, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Combine flour and 1 cup water, mixing until smooth.
- Gradually add mixture to drippings; cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Serve sauce with meat and vegetables.
This was so good and easy to make. We enjoyed it alot! Thanks for sharing the recipe!