Recipe by Parkers Mom
THIS IS THE TENDEREST MEAT YOU HAVE EVER EATEN. ENJOY!!!!!!!!! THIS IS MY BEST FRIEND'S RECIPE AND I WILL ALWAYS BE IN DEBT TO HER FOR THIS ONE!!!
Top Review by wyndechyme
I thought this was delicious!! The rice was so creamy. I do agree with a previous reviewer that the directions were a bit confusing because the ingredients list calls for 2 cups water and the directions call for 2 cans. I used 2 cups, and when I went to add the butter I also saw that it didn't look like any water had been absorbed. And even after I took it out of the oven, there was still a lot of water. But somehow by the time we ate it (maybe 5-15 min later) the water had all been absorbed. I loved it! A definite keeper!
- 4 -6 pork chops
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chops with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- dredge chops in flour and set aside.
- pour oil into large skillet and cook the chops in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
- set chops aside.
- spray baking dish with non stick spray.
- combine beef consomme,4 cups of water and rice into baking dish.
- sprinkle salt and pepper and stir with a fork.
- add chops to rice mix.
- cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- take out of oven and remove foil.
- stir in 2 tablespoon of butter.
- bake an additional 30 minutes or until rice is done. additional water may need to be added.