Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is an easy main dish meal. It was served to me as I was growing up.
- 4 pork loin chops, at least ½ inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce
- Trim all visible fat from the pork chops.
- Chop onions and garlic.
- Mix onions, garlic, applesauce, and condensed soup together.
- Pour mixture over chops.
- Bake covered at 325F for 1 hour, or until pork chops are tender.
- Serve with salad.
Husband didn't care for this too much. I added extra salt and pepper after cooking to give it flavor, no go. Wont make this again.
This was good, but DH like this more than I did, so I'll probably be making it again for him. Served with recipe#70179 and recipe#210628. To me it just seemed to be missing something.
Unfortunately, I just didn't care for this. It didn't seem to have much flavor. Maybe because I used unsweetened applesauce? Sorry I couldn't give it a good review.