Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by my sis in law. I have made it many times and every time done something different and this is my version of the recipe.
- 4 bone in pork chops
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and sear in a pan until brown but NOT done.
- Grease a 9x13 dish; pour in rice to cover the bottom.
- Mix soups and water in a sauce pan over medium heat until well dissolved.
- Place pork chops on top of rice then pour soup mix over pork chops.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven covered for 45minutes to 1 hour.
Wonderful! Since I used boneless chops I cooked at 325 for 45 minutes and they came out moist and the rice was cooked. So good! I'll be making this dish often.
Very easy to put together, however my pork dried out before the rice was finished. Also, I used an 8x8 dish with only 2 pork chops and only half a pkg onion soup mix to cut back on the salt.
DELICIOUS! The best flavored rice possible! Easy preparation. I covered mine with tinfoil and it cooked evenly. We enjoyed it tonight with lima butter beans and beets. Husband said it was sooo good! Thanks for sharing this recipe! Prepared as a participant in the One Pot Dish Casserole Event in the Cooking Photo Forum November 2009.