1/10 Photos of Pork Chop Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
I cut this out of a cooking magazine, probably Taste Of Home and changed it to suit or our tastes. It sounds like a very flavorful way to have pork chops and to keep them moist. I haven't made them yet but plan to make them and serve them over mashed potatoes, yummy!!!!! Note: This recipe also works great in a crock pot. My friend and I have decided that it is easier to just mix all the sour cream with the soup and broth in the beginning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork chops (3/4 to 1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup chicken broth or 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream, divided (8 oz)
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- 1In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper; dredge pork chops.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet; cook pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- 3Place pork chops in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 4Combine cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and 1/2 cup sour cream; pour over chops.
- 5Sprinkle with half of the French fried onions.
- 6Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes.
- 7Stir remaining sour cream into the sauce.
- 8Top chops with remaining onions.
- 9Return to oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chop Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.1
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.2 mg
- Sodium 967.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: