Recipe by Soupcon
This is a family dish my children love and consider comfort food. We are the second generation to keep this dish in our list of easily prepared, one pot meals, loved by all that eat it.
Top Review by Riaketty
I had my doubts, but this was actually really good! I had to cook it a bit longer than suggested, and I ended up covering it for the rice to cook completely, but it was a very tasty meal. We paired it with brown sugar glazed carrots and a spinach and lettuce salad!
- 4 pork chops
- 4 tablespoons long grain rice
- 1 onion, cut in medium sized rings (one for each pork chop)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork chops in skillet.
- On top of each chop add 1 onion ring, topped by 1 tblsp rice.
- Pour drained tomatoes over all, mashing the tomatoes to make sure all the rice is covered by tomato. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chops) or until done. Serve.
- The receipe expands or contracts easily as it is really one chop + 1 Tblsp rice + I onion ring per person. Add or subtract quantity of canned tomatoes depending on the numbers of chops prepared.