Recipe by momoffive1972
I have a large family--eight in all, so recipes tend to be larger for my family than most. You can cut this recipe in half for an average family of four.
- 8 -10 pork chops (boneless is best but not necessary)
- 10 large potatoes (russet or 15 red which ever you prefer)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large yellow onions (sliced in rings is best but you can dice them if preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and slice potatoes, chip-style; rinse and leave in salted water while preparing the rest.
- Peel and slice onions into rings or diced which ever you prefer. Add to potatoes.
- In large mixing bowl, mix soups and milk together. Reserve 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- Take two 9x12 cake pans or large roasting pan and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Begin layering soup and then potatoes and onions. Keep doing this until about 2/3 of pan is full, then lay pork chops over the top of layers. Now pour the reserved soup mixture over the pork chops.
- Cooking time is approximately 1 hr 45 min to 2 hrs 15 min depending on the thickness or pork chops and potatoes. The use of a mandolin/slicer makes it easier with the potatoes as it makes them a uniform thickness.