Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Mr. Food. OOh it's so good!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 thick pork chops, rinsed and left damp
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) canready-to-use beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish; add the pork chops and turn to coat completely with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the pork chops in batches for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a 9" x 13" baking dish; mix well. Place the browned pork chops over the rice mixture. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour, or until no pink remains in the pork.
This is my husband's favorite dish that I make. You can even use a crock pot with or without browning the pork chops first. Delish!
A very easy casserole to put together. The pork chops are very tender and nicely browned. This was a bit to salty for us and the rice became mushy for me. Black pepper and other seasonings would be nice to help bring out the flavor more too.