Recipe by pines506
This is a family favorite.
Top Review by Chef Pegi #2
Excellent and quick. I'm not a ginger fan, so I excluded it from the recipe. I used 10 pork loin chops and increased the cream of mushroom soup to two cans, and one full can of chicken broth as I new the gravy would be delicious from your previous review. I did serve it on a bed of rice that I had made with green onions and fresh mushrooms. This recipe is surely a "keeper".
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pork chops (3/4 to 1 inch. thick)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper; dredge pork chops.
- Heat oil in a large skillet; cook pork chops 4-5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Place in a single layer in an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
- Combine soup, broth, ginger, rosemary and 1/2 cup sour cream; pour over chops.
- Sprinkle with half of the onions.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- Stir remaining sour cream into sauce.
- Top chops with remaining onions.
- Return to oven, uncovered for 10 minutes.