Recipe by Roberta T.
This recipe is delicious. I got this recipe from a magazine and it was a big hit with my family and friends. It's easy to prepare and clean up is easy too. Enjoy!
- 6 center-cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a paper bag.
- Add pork chops and shake well until pork chops are well coated.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Add pork chops and brown evenly on both sides.
- Place pork chops in a shallow baking dish.
- Add rice to drippings in skillet.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Spoon browned rice over pork chops.
- Cover with onions and carrot slices.
- Pour gravy over meat and rice.
- Cover and bake for 1½ hours or until meat and rice are tender.