Recipe by Kathy228
This is very hearty and needs only a salad to complete the meal. I like to use more onions and garlic than posted. And it tastes great as leftovers. Tastes best when celery soup is used.
Top Review by Kathleen From Michigan
This was great. I am always looking for recipes for cabbage and this one is a keeper. The mixed flavors of the cabbage, pork and potatoes was wonderful. I will have to take your word that it tastes better as leftovers because in my house there has yet to be any.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork chops
- 1 medium onion, coarse chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (don't substitute)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork chops, onions, and seasonings in oil.
- Take chops out of pan and set aside.
- Add celery soup and milk to the same pan with the onions and simmer until heated through.
- Put one half of the sliced potatoes in a sprayed casserole pan.
- Place one half of the cabbage over potatoes.
- Pour one half of soup mixture over that.
- Place browned pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove cover last 20 minutes.