Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 18 mins
This recipe was given to me by my mom when I first began cooking in law school. It is SO easy and enjoyable for all ages.
- 1 (6 ounce) packagelong-grain wild rice mix (I used Zatarains New Orleans Style Long Grain and Wild Rice, 7oz. box)
- 2 cups hot water
- 6 (1/2 inch) pork chops, trimmed (boneless or bone-in)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Combine rice, seasoning packet from rice mix, and hot water; place in a lightly greased 13x9" baking dish. Set aside.
- 3. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper, and place over rice mixture. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- 4. Uncover casserole; combine cream of whatever soup and milk, and pour over casserole.
- 5. Bake casserole, uncovered, for 15 more minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Made this tonight and was really good! Next time I will not use as much water though.
Very easy to prepare. Kids love! Not a lot of flavor but a good comfort meal.
Delicious & Easy! I even bought the wrong rice (dirty rice) and it was awesome...