Cook1 hr 30 mins
Delicious pork chops and stuffing,with yummy gravy. I got this recipe from Home Cooking Magazine years ago from Janice Goff. Everyone who makes this loves them,tasty and tender,too.
- Brown chops.
- Remove and add water to the frying pan.
- Place chops in a single layer in a baking dish.
- In a bowl,mix the vegetable packet from from the Stove Top mix with 1 cup very hot water and 1/2 stick melted butter.
- Then add contents of crumb packet.
- Mix well.
- For as many chops,make a ball of stuffing and place on top of each chop.
- Put soup into skillet containing the drippings,mix and pour over the chops and stuffing.
- Bake uncovered, 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.
This makes a nice homestyle meal that is pretty simple to make, with nice tender chops. The stovetop stuffing comes all in one package now, (as opposed to several packets), so I just mixed all that together, and instead of making balls, I spooned the mixture lightly over the chops in the casserole dish. I baked mine for one hour as my chops were thinner. I did notice the stuffing was heavily browned so if someone is using thicker chops and going the full 1 1/2 hours, they might want to cover their dish for the first 30 minutes or so. This was well received by my family and goes great with a side of sauteed apples (I also served another vegetable). Thanks so much for posting, and congrats on winning the football pool!
Simply the best. I made it with no problems. Only suggestion is use no salt butter because stuffing mix has plenty of salt. Other than that this was a 5 star dish. Served it with mixed vegetables and it was a party we all enjoyed. Highly recommend this dish. You can prepare the night before and bake the next day. Even tastier!
Wow, these chops were really good. They were moist and tender and the stuffing was delicious. My pork chops were really thick, so I had to bake a little longer. They turned out perfect.