Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I believe I first got this from an old Taste of Home magazine, it's been YEARS and I have modified it to our tastes. I have actualy used breaded, baked chicken breasts in place of the pork chops at times. This is really comforting, rich and flavorful. Don't let the ginger and rosemary scare you off as it did me for a while! I love to serve this over a bed of hot buttered egg noodles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the chops in a small amount of oil in a skillet, a few minutes on each side.
- In medium bowl, mix the soup, broth, sour cream, ginger, rosemary and half of the can of onions. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this sauce into a 9" x 13" lightly greased baking dish.
- Place the browned chops on top of the sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and top with the remaining onions.
- BAke an additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and onions start to sizzle a bit.
- Serve over hot buttered egg noodles.
I love this recipe! Seriously...it's so easy to go together and the taste is awesome. It's like comfort food with ease! I am guilty of using just a bit more of the fried onions in the sauce mixture just cause it taste so darn good. We've had this dozens of times, with pork and with chicken...over noodles and over rice. I cut the meat in half because there is only 2 of us but leave the rest of the ingredients the same. We will continue to make and enjoy this for years! Please try it, you won't be disappointed!
This was very good, quick to put together. I used fresh rosemary (I love fresh rosemary)other than that made as directed.Made for fall PAC 2009