Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I was looking to make pork for New Year's Day but I do not like sourkraut nor does my husband. So I came up with this instead.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 -4 potatoes (peeled and sliced into thin rounds)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of onion soup (or whatever Cream of "your choice".)
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 garlic cloves or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash ground mustard
- First layer sliced potato's on the bottom of the crockpot, then layer the sliced onions on top of the potato's next salt and pepper them. Then mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the potato onion mixture. Finally, place the pork chops on top of all the ingredients and cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours or High 3-4 hours. You can brown the chops too if you would prefer. I didn't want to fuss with it so I just added them as is uncooked.
This was okay -- the potatoes and sauce was great but my pork chops were a bit over cooked -- maybe it would be better with thicker porkchops. I also added some carrots to the mix and only used 2 potatoes. Thanks for sharing!