Recipe by GotBoxer?
This dish is fantastic for pot luck dinners, having a few friends over or just spending the evening in with the kids.
Top Review by jneen
I made this for Sunday dinner. I got up early and prepped everything then assembled it and put in the refrigerator until I left for church. I left it on time bake and it was almost done when I got home. I put the cheese and onions on top and popped it back in while I finished up preparing dinner. I didn't use the hot sauce because I was feeding a 2 and a 4 year old, too. My husband loved it and the kids each loved a part of it. The 2 y.o. loved the potatoes and the 4 y.o. loved the meat.
I mistakenly bought the wrong kind of hash browns. I bought the cubed. It was still delicious and will become part of my regular cooking!
- 6 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt, divided
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 ounces hash browns, shredded and thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 ounces durkees French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork chops in skillet lightly greased with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 Tbs seasoned salt and set aside.
- Combine soup, milk, sour cream, pepper, remaining seasoned salt, and hot sauce.
- Stir in potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 cup Durkees onions.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x13 baking dish, arrange pork chops on top.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, then uncover, top with remaining cheese and Durkees onions, then cook uncovered for approximately 5 minutes longer.