Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe I have been making ever since the kids could chew meat. It's from one of my favorite cookbooks Better Homes and Gardens Low-Cost Cooking.
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons shortening
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions.
- Place in 12x7 1/2x2 inch baking dish.
- Brown chops in oil or shortening on both sides. Drain off fat.
- Season with salt and pepper and arrange on top of noodles.
- Combine remaining ingredients except cheese and pour over the chops.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minute.
- Serve with additional cheese if desired.
I used bone-in pork chops but next time I'll use boneless. They were a bit dry so I may cook them less than 45 minutes. The taste is great. The seasonings are perfect in the sauce. I used mozzarella cheese instead of parmesan. Next time I'll brown the onions before adding them to the sauce. That way they won't be crunchy. Even after 45 minutes they were crunchy. Thanks Lori :) Made for Holiday tag
Great recipe! It got all eaten with no leftovers. Followed the recipe except for two small changes. I add fresh minced garlic to the sauce. After reading the other reviews I decided to mix the macaroni with sauce and sprinkled mozzarella on top. Will be making again.
I had cut this recipe down to 2 servings but after reading the reviews I kept the sauce at the same amount listed. I am really glad I did because it made it nice and saucy. I just found the pork chops were missing something. Some seasonings maybe, just can't put my finger on it. But this is a very quick meal to put together which is great to do during the week. Thanks for sharing Lori Mama