Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
You're going to love this! So simple, yet so tasty. A great recipe to make after a hard day at work. Just assemble and bake. It comes from an old (1972) edition of Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.
Top Review by haniski
I have the BHG cookbook with this recipe and have been making it for about 42 years...it's my husband's favorite. Have used bone-in chops, boneless, marinated, tenderized--any chop works. We like the onion slice and lemon slice, but if I don't have them, I have sprinkled onion powder and a splash of lemon juice on the top. It's my go to when I just want to stick something in the oven and relax.
- 2 (1 lb) cans baked beans in tomato sauce
- 5 -6 lean pork chops
- prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 onion (5 to 6 slices)
- 1 lemon (5 to 6 thin slices)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Arrange chops over beans.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spread chops with mustard.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Spread with catsup.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 F for 1 1/4 hours.
- Place onion and lemon slices on each chop.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Trim with parsley if desired.