Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
You're going to love this! So simple, yet so tasty. A great recipe to make after a hard day at work. Just assemble and bake. It comes from an old (1972) edition of Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.
- 2 (1 lb) cans baked beans in tomato sauce
- 5 -6 lean pork chops
- prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 onion (5 to 6 slices)
- 1 lemon (5 to 6 thin slices)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Place beans in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Arrange chops over beans.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lightly spread chops with mustard.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Spread with catsup.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 F for 1 1/4 hours.
- Place onion and lemon slices on each chop.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Trim with parsley if desired.
I have the BHG cookbook with this recipe and have been making it for about 42 years...it's my husband's favorite. Have used bone-in chops, boneless, marinated, tenderized--any chop works. We like the onion slice and lemon slice, but if I don't have them, I have sprinkled onion powder and a splash of lemon juice on the top. It's my go to when I just want to stick something in the oven and relax.
Easy and good! Had to use pork and beans, but I want to try just baked beans as the recipe calls for, and not the kind with honey or onions or maple syrup, etc.
Dreamer, you were right, we loved it! What a great weeknight meal. I used thin boneless pork chops and cut the cooking time in half. Made for Zaar Stars, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.