Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A really quick and yummy dinner ready in 20 minutes. Recipe from kraftfoods.com
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 red apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 5 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Remove pork chop from skillet.
- Add watr, applesauce, apple, cinnamon to skillet; stir. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Top with chops. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
I liked everything about this recipe except the Minute Rice which really isn't rice at all imho. Next time I make this I'll use regular rice and just some time to the cooking process. Otherwise pretty good recipe.
I love pork chops and applesauce and this was a perfect one for that combo. A bonus because my kids really liked it also.