Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Can be used to stuff cakes or dumplings.
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 3 cups packed chinese chives or 3 cups leeks, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup rehydrated dried shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the shiitake mushrooms and stir fry for a minute, then add the chives and cook just until the chives start to wilt (do not cook them fully). Set aside to cool.
- Mix everything together to make the filling.