Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Tasty, healthy & very filling
- 1 lb pork loin, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 vidalia onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 vinegar
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 green onions, diced
- Heat oil, brown pork in batches - set aside. Saute peppers and onions until tender crisp. Add pork, tomatoes, garlic, spices and 3/4 to full can (from crushed tomato) water, salt & pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for one and a half hours or until pork is fall apart tender.
- Meanwhile, peel & dice sweet potato soak in enough water and the vinegar to cover. Juice & zest lime. Quarter cherry tomatoes & dice the green onions.
- Bring chili back to a boil and add the sweet potatoes. Simmer until they are tender. Add beans and simmer for 10 more minutes. Feel free to add more water if the chili gets a little thick on you. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice/zest, green onions and cherry tomatoes.
- Serve with rice or pasta and garnish with cilantro and sour cream. Enjoy.