Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Mom's pork chili recipie.
Make and share this Pork Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless pork cutlets
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- Cut pork into cubes.
- dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat shortening over med-high heat.
- brown pork and drain off
- Bring tomato sauce, tomatoes, green chilis, water, onion, chili powder, cajun seasoning and cumin to a boil.
- Add pork.
- Add tomato paste to thicken.
- simmer over low heat 1-2 hours stirring occasionally.
- add more seasoning to taste.
- serve over rice or burritos or "sanchos".