1/3 Photos of Pork Chili
1 hr 40 mins
I searched all over for a pork chili using minced (ground) pork, but couldn't find one (or one to suit) so came up with my own version. Russell thought it was an actual recipe and gave it 5 stars ;-) This doesn't make a huge pot of chili like some recipes I see, but is enough for 4 hearty eaters. We like our chili over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced fine and small
- 500 g ground pork (ground)
- 3 tablespoons Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili flakes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 (400 g) can peeled chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans
- 1Heat the oil over medium heat and fry onion and garlic gently until softened (about 10 minutes).
- 2Add pork and chorizo sausage and cook unti pordk changes colour.
- 3Add the spices, sugar, cocoa, stock powder and sugar and stir cooking for about 1 minute.
- 4Add the tomato paste to the pan and cook it for a few minutes-I think this takes away the "raw" taste.
- 5Add the water and tomatoes and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours and until it is a nice thick consistency (add more water if it gets too thick).
- 6About 15 minutes before serving, add the kidney beans to the chili.
- 7We like to eat our chili topped with sour cream, grated cheese and pickled jalapenos and sometimes guacomale.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chili
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.0
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.2 mg
- Sodium 644.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 37.3 g