Recipe by MTpockets
A full-flavored pork casserole, slowly baked to provide a welcome change to your table. I've had this recipe since the late 70's or early 80's. I can't remember where I got it from but It's one I've hung onto over the years. It's an easy one pot meal.
- 2 lbs pork, Cubed (Use cut of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets (Or vegetables of your choice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil, add pork cubes and brown on all sides.
- Transfer to a buttered 2 quart or larger baking dish.
- Mix stock, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and pour over pork cubes.
- Cover and Bake at 350' for 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- Add vegetables, stir and cover again. Bake 15-30 Minutes or until vegetables are heated through.