Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have never tried this recipe.
Make and share this Pork Casserole Chow Mein recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup water, increase water only if mushroom liquid is not used
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet brown pork.
- Add salt, pepper, raw vegetable pieces.
- Cover, cook over low heat, until vegetables are tender.
- Approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Slowly stir in flour, accent, celery salt and mushrooms.
- Slowly stir in water.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Stir in milnot until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to casserole.
- Bake at 425 degrees about 15-20 minutes until bubbly.
- Top with noodles.
- Bake until they are browned, about 10 minutes.