1 hr 5 mins
Creation in Hope's Note:
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have never tried this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup water, increase water only if mushroom liquid is not used
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1In a large skillet brown pork.
- 2Add salt, pepper, raw vegetable pieces.
- 3Cover, cook over low heat, until vegetables are tender.
- 4Approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- 5Slowly stir in flour, accent, celery salt and mushrooms.
- 6Slowly stir in water.
- 7Cook until bubbly.
- 8Stir in milnot until smooth.
- 9Transfer mixture to casserole.
- 10Bake at 425 degrees about 15-20 minutes until bubbly.
- 11Top with noodles.
- 12Bake until they are browned, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Casserole Chow Mein
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.7
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 343.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 38.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: