Recipe by cookiedog
This requires very little prep. time and is a favorite of those who try it! Has a hint of orange flavor.Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. From a grocery story circular.
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from pork and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a large pot and add pork, garlic and onion. Cook over high heat for 5 to 10 minutes to brown pork.
- Add orange, lime, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper and water to pot; stir and bring to a a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove cover and cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid has cooked off.
- Press with the back of a spoon to break up meat and spoon into warmed flour or corn tortillas.