Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups low fat prepared pasta sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine or 1⁄4 cup cooking wine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook pork pieces until no longer pink on outside, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in pasta sauce and wine. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until pork is tender and sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Serve with pasta, breadsticks and green salad.
I didn't have some of the ingredients but just threw a bunch of the stuff into my crock pot. I threw in boneless pork loins, used olive oil, garlic, jar of pasta sauce, little bit of water instead of wine and a bouillon cube for some extra flavour. I guess I kinda changed a bunch but the overall concept of the recipe was used. It was delicious and my whole family loved it over rice. thanks
This was an easy quick basic recipe that turned out terrific. The reviews of my family were,... Husband: This is the best one yet, 4 1/2 yr old: "MMMM good and yummy." I used half a packet of grill mates zesty herb marinade instead of italian seasoning. (it was what I had on hand) I will make this again!
5 Stars here! The pork was so moist and the sauce was heavenly! Definite Keeper here, Thanks Tonkcats