1/4 Photos of Pork Cacciatore
Very good served over squeezed open baked potatoes with broccoli spears. Also excellent over noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork leg, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or 1/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1Sprinkle pork cubes with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large heavy frypan (cast iron) heat olive oil.
- 3Add pork and brown on all sides.
- 4Remove and set aside.
- 5Add to the pan, onion, garlic, celery and carrot.
- 6Cook, stirring until onions are soft about 5 minutes.
- 7Add pork and remaining ingredients, stir well, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.4
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 234.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 24.9 g