Recipe by Derf
Very good served over squeezed open baked potatoes with broccoli spears. Also excellent over noodles.
Top Review by crawfish pie
I LOVED THIS RECIPE.It was sooooo good.I didnt have a can of crushed tomatoes so I through a can of stewed tomatoes in my chopper and chopped em up a bit, I also added a small can of tomato sauce and it worked like a charm.My hubbie was late from work ao I turned down the heat and let it simmer for an extra 20 or so min and the meat was tender and juicy.I have found a gem in this recipe.We eat to much chicken and this will serve as a nice change of scenery.Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb boneless pork leg, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine or 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork cubes with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy frypan (cast iron) heat olive oil.
- Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add to the pan, onion, garlic, celery and carrot.
- Cook, stirring until onions are soft about 5 minutes.
- Add pork and remaining ingredients, stir well, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.