Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I only had 3 (4 ounce) pork loin chops in my freezer and needed to feed four people. So, I came up with the tasty and light soup. Everyone ate it and even went back for seconds (which hardly ever happens!).
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1/2 cup pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 6 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon marjoram, dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 15 1⁄2 ounces light kidney beans, drained
- 12 ounces coleslaw mix
- In a large pot, add olive oil and brown pork, onions, celery and green peppers.
- Add diced tomatoes and chicken broth and spices to pot. Mix thoroughly.
- Let pot simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add diced potatoes, kidneys and coleslaw mix to pot.
- Simmer for about another 1/2 hour.