1 hr 20 mins
Nice served with fresh bread to mop up the sauce. If you have a smallish casserole dish that can be used on stove as well as in oven, I recommend you use that for all the steps. I used a separate casserole simply because I didn't have the right size stove-safe one. I used a home made turkey stock for this dish. I do recommend you use a high quality, or home made stock here, because the flavour of the sauce is all about the stock. After cooking, I had to play with the sauce a bit to thicken it to my taste. How thick you want it is purely a personal matter. Add more or less flour to suit your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pork butterfly steaks
- 1 leek
- 1 handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 metric cup cream
- 1/4 metric cup brandy
- 1 metric cup chicken stock or 1 metric cup turkey stock
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- 2Chop up the leeks into slices.
- 3Peel and core the apple, then cut into slices.
- 4Heat up the olive oil in a deep fry pan or sauce pan, or in the stove top safe casserole.
- 5Brown the pork steaks then remove and set aside on plate.
- 6Add the butter and melt.
- 7Add the leeks and stirfry til soft.
- 8Add the brandy and cook the alcohol out.
- 9Add the stock and simmer slowly til reduced by about half.
- 10Add the paprika.
- 11Add the dash of cream, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Lay the pork steaks then the sauce over the top in the casserole.
- 13Lay the apple slices on top and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- 14Bake for about 40 mins.
- 15Remove from oven and place pork steaks with vegetables on the plates.
- 16Cover with foil to rest meat.
- 17Either put the stove-safe casserole back on stove, or return sauce to sauce pan and then onto stove on a low-medium heat.
- 18Mix up the flour with some of the sauce in a separate cup (if you wish to have a thickened sauce. if not, just serve immediately).
- 19Add flour paste mixture to sauce and stir to thicken.
- 20Pour sauce over meat and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Butterfly Steaks Baked in Leek and Apple Brandy Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.0
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 62.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork butterfly steaks
flat leaf parsley