1 hr 20 mins
Nice served with fresh bread to mop up the sauce. If you have a smallish casserole dish that can be used on stove as well as in oven, I recommend you use that for all the steps. I used a separate casserole simply because I didn't have the right size stove-safe one. I used a home made turkey stock for this dish. I do recommend you use a high quality, or home made stock here, because the flavour of the sauce is all about the stock. After cooking, I had to play with the sauce a bit to thicken it to my taste. How thick you want it is purely a personal matter. Add more or less flour to suit your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pork butterfly steaks
- 1 leek
- 1 handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 metric cup cream
- 1/4 metric cup brandy
- 1 metric cup chicken stock or 1 metric cup turkey stock
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- 2Chop up the leeks into slices.
- 3Peel and core the apple, then cut into slices.
- 4Heat up the olive oil in a deep fry pan or sauce pan, or in the stove top safe casserole.
- 5Brown the pork steaks then remove and set aside on plate.
- 6Add the butter and melt.
- 7Add the leeks and stirfry til soft.
- 8Add the brandy and cook the alcohol out.
- 9Add the stock and simmer slowly til reduced by about half.
- 10Add the paprika.
- 11Add the dash of cream, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Lay the pork steaks then the sauce over the top in the casserole.
- 13Lay the apple slices on top and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- 14Bake for about 40 mins.
- 15Remove from oven and place pork steaks with vegetables on the plates.
- 16Cover with foil to rest meat.
- 17Either put the stove-safe casserole back on stove, or return sauce to sauce pan and then onto stove on a low-medium heat.
- 18Mix up the flour with some of the sauce in a separate cup (if you wish to have a thickened sauce. if not, just serve immediately).
- 19Add flour paste mixture to sauce and stir to thicken.
- 20Pour sauce over meat and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Butterfly Steaks Baked in Leek and Apple Brandy Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.0
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 62.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork butterfly steaks
flat leaf parsley