Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Entered for ZWT, from Olivado website. Avocado oil comes from NZ. The pork butterfly steak is a thick chop taken from the loin eye which is cut almost in half so that it forms a butterfly pattern when opened on the hinge; about 1 inch is left at the hinge to keep it from separately completely.
- 4 pork butterfly steaks
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 29.58 ml mustard
- 29.58 ml extra virgin avocado oil
- 236.59 ml parsley sprig
- 3 garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml extra virgin avocado oil or 59.14 ml olivado gold rosemary-infused avocado oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- In a bowl mix lemon juice, garlic, mustard and avocado oil, brush steaks, marinade for 1 hour in refrigerator (covered).
- Mix parsley, garlic, salt, pepper in food processor. Add avocado oil to make thick paste, then sherry and lemon juice to taste.
- Remove steaks from marinade, cook in pan on medium heat for 5 minutes each side, serve with salsa. (Steaks may also be BBQ'd to at least an internal temperature of 145F/63C, allowing meat to rest for at least 3 minutes before serving.).