Recipe by LonghornMama
You won't believe the difference dredging lean pork in seasoned cornstarch makes in these quick pork fajitas. From Southern Living, credited to Janie Baur of Spring, Texas.
- 5 -6 boneless pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 16 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- sour cream
- chopped tomato
- shredded lettuce
- sliced jalapeno
- shredded cheddar cheese
Pico de Gallo
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 serrano chili peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into 1/4-inch slices.
- Combine cornstarch, salt, cumin, black and red pepper in a large ziploc bag. Add pork in batches; seal and toss to coat.
- Brown 1/3 of pork in 1/3 of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels and repeat procedure twice.
- Combine cooked pork and chiles in skillet and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Spoon mixture down center of each tortilla; top with desired toppings and roll up, jellyroll fashion.
- Serve with Pico de Gallo.
- PICO DE GALLO: Combine all ingredients; chill; Yield: 1 1/3 cup.