Recipe by looneytunesfan
These spicy but slightly sweet flavored burritos are made in the slow cooker.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- sliced avocado (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5 qt slow cooker.
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic, lime juice, honey, jalapeno and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Shred pork with two forks.
- Using a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with avocado and sour cream if desired.
- Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.