Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I love smoked cheddar. You could substitute smoked Gouda or smoked mozzarella.
Top Review by tara portee
I am not giving stars because I serious changed the preparation (but not the essence) I sauted pork chops that I had cutinto cubes along with the sausage, I set that to the side then sauted sliced onions and the jalapenos. I then added the meat back in with all the other ingredients and sauted it all together. The taste was most excellenet. I used smoked Gouda and loved that along with the cumin and cilantro. Thanks for this excellent flavor blend.
Spicy Chili Mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage (spicy or sweet)
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup diced smoked cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4 sourdough rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the Spicy Chili Mayonnaise: combine all the ingredients; mix well; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to use.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
- Split the sausage casings with a knife and crumble the ground meat into a large bowl.
- Add in the next 8 ingredients; mix together until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Form mixture into 4 patties of equal size; grill burgers, flipping once, until the juices run clear, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve on sourdough rolls with the Spicy Chili Mayonnaise.