Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Yummy ground pork burgers that are garnished with fresh spinach, bacon, shallots and a delicious curry mayo.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 shallots, sliced thin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 -3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- baby spinach leaves
- 4 soft hamburger buns
- Cook 8 strips of bacon until crisp and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, dressing, 1/4 tsp curry, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper and 1/8 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Season ground pork with remaining salt and black pepper, 3/4 tsp curry, 3/4 tsp garlic powder, and crushed red pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- In 3 shallow bowls, place cornstarch, buttermilk and bread crumbs. After patties are formed, dredge them first in the cornstarch (shake off the extra); then into buttermilk and finally into bread crumbs. Place onto plate and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Heat non-stick skillet with 3 tsp olive oil over med-high heat. Place patties in the skillet and cook until internal temperature registers approximately 170 degrees. While patties are cooking on the second side, place a bit of water into skillet with the burgers (no more than 1/4 cup) and put cover on and let them steam a bit.
- While the burgers are cooking, heat a small non-stick pan with 1/2 tsp olive oil and cook the shallots until the start to brown. Remove to a plate.
- When the burgers are done, place each on the bottom part of the bun. Top with the shallots, some spinach leaves, and 2 strips of bacon. Divide the curry mayo among the four bun tops and place on the rest of the burger. Enjoy!