Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
A quick & easy dish that is low in both calories and cholesterol but high in flavor.
Make and share this Pork & Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb lean boneless pork
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli (thawed & drained)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips.
- For sauce, stir together chicken broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, dry sherry, and red pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large skillet with cooking spray coting. Add onion, broccoli, garlic, and ginger, & stir fry for 3 minutes or until veggies are tender crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetable mixture.
- Add oil to hot wok/skillet. Add pork & stir fry for 2-3 minutes or till NO longer pink. Move pork from skillet/wok.
- Stir sauce & add to the center of wok/skillet. Cook & sir until thickened & bubbly.
- Return veggies and pork to skillet. Add water chestnuts & stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce.
- Cook & stir for 1-2minutes more until heated through.
- Serve over hot brown or jasmine rice -- YUMMY!
A very tasty recipe. I really liked the crunchyness of the water chestnuts. I used about 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes and it had just the right heat for us. I served it with chinese fried rice. We really enjoyed our meal. Thanks for posting.