Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another slow cooker recipe from Food Network Magazine. A great game or race day meal.
Make and share this Pork-Brisket Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef brisket, cut into 1-inch pieces
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (do not drain)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped (plus more for topping)
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped (plus )
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from the can
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- sour cream, for topping
- Season the pork and brisket with 1 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper each. Combine the black beans and their liquid, the tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, chipotles and adobo sauce, the chili powder, cumin, oregano and 1 teaspoons salt in a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Add the pork and brisket and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high 8 hours. Season with salt. Serve with cheese, sour cream and red onion.