Recipe by Derf
A delicious taste!! Cooking Light 1988
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Amazing blend of flavors! I cheated tho, Derf (confession time) I did add some garlic while browning the Pork Roast) The sauce for this is outta this world. Made this as an adopted tag for our dear lady, NoraMarie, and her choice for Derf.
- 453.59 g lean boneless pork loin
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 158.51 ml riesling wine or 158.51 ml dry white wine
- 12 dried apricot halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from roast, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Coat a large nonaluminum sacuepan with cooking spray, and place over medium high heat until hot.
- Cook roast on all sides until browned.
- Remove roast from pan, set aside.
- Wipe drippings from pan with paper towel.
- Insert meat thermoneter into thickest portion of roast.
- Return to pan, add riesling.
- Cover, reduce heat, and cook 1 hour.
- Add apricots, cook, covered, 30 minutes or until thermonmeter registers 160 degrees.
- Remove roast and apricots to a serving platter, keep warm.
- Bring cooking liquid to a boil, cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Serve sauce with roast and apricots.