Recipe by Princess Pea
A recipe by this name was recently published in Woman's Day mag. I came up with this version, using what was in my cupboards, and some leftover pork I needed to use. DH was crazy about it. You could also use cooked Italian sausage or ground beef, or eliminate the meat altogether.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or more, to taste)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups pork, cooked and cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a 5 quart dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in chili powder and garlic.
- Cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in pork, beans, tomatoes and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, until flavors are blended.
- Stir in corn and cilantro. Heat through.
- Spoon into bowls. Top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream, sliced green onion and chopped tomatoes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.