Recipe by thistleridge
Great use for an inexpensive cut of pork. Pork shoulder or pork butt. I finally got my kids to eat black beans because they were too busy spooning it in they didn't notice them. You could also top this with a corn bread crust. Truly, out of the ordinary recipe!
- 2 (907.18 g) can black beans (drained)
- 29.58 ml oil
- 1360.77 g boneless pork shoulder, in 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 9.85 ml salt
- 793.78 g can whole tomatoes
- 236.59 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add meat to 1 T. oil and brown meat. Remove.
- Add 1 T. oil to pan and add onions & carrots. cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in jalapenos, garlic, spices.
- Add tomatoes with juice and pork.
- Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer 2 hours.
- Add beans and fresh cilantro, cook five minutes more.
- Serve with choice of sour cream, shredded cheese and onions.